- YUPELRI [package insert]. Morgantown, WV: Mylan Specialty LP; Nov 2018.
- Gardenhire DS, Burnett D, Strickland S, Myers TR. A Guide to Aerosol Delivery Devices for Respiratory Therapists. 4th ed. Irving, TX: American Association for Respiratory Care; 2017.
- Hanania NA, Braman S, Adams SG, et al. The role of inhalation delivery devices in COPD: perspectives of patients and health care providers. Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2018;5(2):111-123.
- Dhand R, Dolovich M, Chipps B, et al. The role of nebulized therapy in the management of COPD: evidence and recommendations. COPD. 2012;9(1):58-72.
- Dolovich MB, Dhand R. Aerosol drug delivery: developments in device design and clinical use. Lancet. 2011;377(9770):1032-1045.
- Ibrahim M, Verma R, Garcia-Contreras L. Inhalation drug delivery devices: technology update. Med Devices (Auckl). 2015;8:131-139.
- Martin AR, Finlay WH. Nebulizers for drug delivery to the lungs. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2014;12(6):889-900.
- Wise RA, Acevedo RA, Anzueto AR, et al. Guiding principles for the use of nebulized long-acting beta2-agonists in patients with COPD: an expert panel consensus. Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2016;4(1):7-20.
- Dhand R, Cavanaugh T, Skolnik N. Considerations for optimal inhaler device selection in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Cleve Clin J Med. 2018;85(2 suppl 1):S19-S27.
- Taffet GE, Donohue JF, Altman PR. Considerations for managing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in the elderly. Clin Interv Aging. 2014;9:23-30.
- Data on file, Theravance Biopharma.
- Schnell K, Weiss CO, Lee T, et al. The prevalence of clinically-relevant comorbid conditions in patients with physiciandiagnosed COPD: a cross-sectional study using data from NHANES 1999-2008. BMC Pulm Med. 2012;12:26.
- Sulaiman I, Cushen B, Greene G, et al. Objective assessment of adherence to inhalers by patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;195(10):1333-1343.
- Schure MB, Borson S, Nguyen HQ, et al. Associations of cognition with physical functioning and health-related quality of life among COPD patients. Respir Med. 2016;114:46-52.
- Baird C, Lovell J, Johnson M, et al. The impact of cognitive impairment on self-management in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review. Respir Med. 2017;129:130-139.
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. Global Strategy for the Diagnosis, Management, and Prevention of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (2019 Report). https://goldcopd.org/wpcontent/uploads/2018/11/GOLD-2019-v1.7-FINAL-14Nov2018-WMS.pdf. Accessed December 10, 2018.
- Mahler DA, Waterman LA, Gifford AH. Prevalence and COPD phenotype for a suboptimal peak inspiratory flow rate against the simulated resistance of the Diskus® dry powder inhaler. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2013;26(3):174-179.
- Sharma G, Mahler DA, Mayorga VM, et al. Prevalence of low peak inspiratory fl ow rate at discharge in patients hospitalized for COPD exacerbation. Chronic Obstr Pulm Dis. 2017;4(3):217-224.
- American Thoracic Society website. St. George’s Respiratory Questionnaire. https://www.thoracic.org/members/assemblies/assemblies/srn/questionaires/sgrq.php. Accessed January 4, 2019.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. MLN Matters. Number MM8304. https://www.cms.gov/Research-StatisticsData-and-Systems/Monitoring-Programs/Medicare-FFS-Compliance-Programs/MedicalReview/Downloads/DetailedWrittenOrdersandFacetoFaceEncounters.pdf. Published July 1, 2013. Accessed November 19, 2018.